Friday, October 16, 2009

Noboborsho


Noboborsho means Bangla New Year. Like many others countries, Bangladesh has a different calender. In Bangladesh, we observe Bengali New year on 14 April. We wear traditional clothing that day. We take traditional food in the morning. All government and non government offices , schools are closed that day. We celebrate the day with music, meet with people. We have a parade in the morning. We carry different kinds of poster, statue and different things which represent our cultures and customs.

3 comments:

Onjon Abdin said...

I use a lot of picture in this blog. I want to put more pictures, but I think it make everyone bored. I put some picture but we have a lot of difference in culture and customs.

Elaine Soffer said...

Your pictures are wonderful! Don't stop!

Elaine Soffer said...

I especially love the parades. The "signs" people are carrying are amazingly beautiful.