Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Henna or Mehendi


Now I am telling about henna. Henna is a name of a small plant. but my subject is not that. I am talking about the use of henna specially its leaps.

Henna is a name of Art. It use in India and Arab world. Henna art has been used to adorn and elaborate woman's hands and feet for social and holiday celebrations. In Bangladesh, the night before wedding is called "Mahendi Raat". In this night all relatives and friend of the bride gather at the bride's house. We have a big party in this night.

1 comment:

Elaine Soffer said...

Thanks again for your wonderful pictures. The henna artwork is amazing. I once had a student from India who drew on my hand with henna. My friends and family had never seen it before, and they were a little shocked, but I loved it!